25 November 2011

It's... Turkey Day!

Well... actually it's not. But I still consider 12 o'clock the day before. Five is when a new day actually starts.

Back to the topic. I really love Thanksgiving because I can go around acting like a total nutcase and screaming 'thank you' to everyone everywhere and they'll just think that I'm just really festive. Or a total nutcase. But seriously, I love Thanksgiving. I can eat and eat and eat and eat. Like I usually do. And although I have an unnatural and considerably unhealthy love for mashed potatoes and gravy, I only eat it on Thanksgiving. So screw you, turkey. Mashed potatoes drowning in gravy will always mean Thanksgiving to me.

Speaking of turkeys, I'd like to say 'Happy Turkey Day!' and brag about how I won $20 from my father and outsmarted both him and my sister (you may be wondering what this has to do with turkeys...). That's right. I outsmarted my brainy, older sister with the wide knowledge of many interesting yet completely unnecessary little facts (she should go on Jeopardy) and the 4-point-something GPA. Or was it 5-point-something?

Either way, I won the bet. Turkeys can indeed fly... as long as they're not too fat.
And how did I know this little tidbit? When I was young (younger), a friend and I chased a flock of wild turkeys off her lawn, and in order to escape the two little midget-humans that were disturbing their peace, they flew! Yup. That's right. Flew. As in spread-ed (is that a word?) their wings and flew. In the air!

So after sharing with my family this life-altering experience, just after sticking a forkful of gravy-slathered turkey in my already stuffed mouth, my father shared a heh-heh-she's-so-lying glance with my sister and raised my $5 bet to $20, that idiot.

So what if I have an alarming tendency to lie and an overactive imagination? Sometimes, I'm telling the truth.

Proof.

And flying turkies (turkeys?)? Total waste of my imaginating powers.


and as my sister likes to say "UP YOUR'S!"

I hope everyone enjoyed their Turkey Day.

I know I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment