06 June 2012

My Apologies to Miley Cyrus

I am sorry, Miley Cyrus, even if I know you probably don't give a shit.

I am sorry that I had judged you as everyone else had, although admittedly not nearly as much as my peers. I am sorry I thought you were a bit of a whore and an attention-seeker. And maybe you are. Maybe not. But there's nothing wrong with that.

You're right. It's who you are. And as a liberal and equal opportunist, I'm ashamed to say that I had let society sway my views. Although I had first felt a bit of disdain for you while I was still in my conservative-ish/easily influenced youth, my opinion of you had still not changed much as I grew. Partially because I never really thought of you. But, I'm sorry, for all it's worth.



Miley Cyrus, I commend you for being open about what you believe, despite how others tried to mold you into. For being the person you are, even if no one seems to like it. For becoming the person you want to be, rather than the one everyone else wants you to be.

I wish you the best in your endeavors, including your recent engagement, even if I discourage it. But as many things in the world, just because someone discourages something doesn't mean you shouldn't do it. So for your sake, and your fiance's, I hope that, even if it doesn't last or even if it does, it's not a mistake.

But... I'm still not a fan of your music... Awesome voice though!

No comments:

Post a Comment